Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas 2011

Our big (little) news!

Yes, Isaiah Hildebrandt was born to Greg and Kelli (pictured right) in July. They both work at TreeHouse ministries in the Twin Cities, reaching out to troubled teens.



Mr. Ryan graduated from college and is looking for a job leading worship.

Seems like he passed me up on the acoustic guitar this year -- but I can still handle him on the golf course, no prob.





The Big Agreement: I agreed to take dance lessons if Sharon would take golf lessons. Somehow I seemed to have lost those dance photos . . .  but here's Sharon's half of the bargain.



Sharon continues to serve as volunteer extraordinaire in women's ministries and music at Grace Church Roseville.

And grand-mothering is definitely in her sweet spot!




InterVarsity

At MN State Mankato
I'm loving my job as traveling apologist and trainer.

Here's my "Lots Of" list. I encounter lots
of . . .

  * Atheists
  * Questions about LGBT* issues
  * Students in distress
  * Tears. Well, at least a few.                     Sometimes students don't know where 
     to turn or what to think.


This Christmas we're thankful for you, our family and friends. If you'd like to give a gift (or an extra gift) to my work with college students, we'd greatly appreciate it. With the recession still affecting funding, I have some ground to make up by Dec 31.

Give here: donate.intervarsity.org/

My ministry blog is here: rickmattson.blogspot.com/. Posts are one-minute reads, or less.

My ministry website is here: www.rickmattsonoutreach.com

Thank you so much!

* LGBT stands for Lesbian/Gay/Bisexual/Transgender