Thursday, June 11, 2015

St. Olaf, Spring 2015


'Twas the year of the senior at St. Olaf.

From a chapter of around 25 students, 12 just graduated.

Right about the time I was getting to know and care for them, gone. 

Including the four fine leaders above. 

L to R:

  • Sara took a job downtown MPLS with a big firm.
  • Karin is headed to grad school in Bio at the U of MN.
  • Stacey will be a lab tech, and will likely pursue ministry of some sort (see link below).
  • Alyssa is in counseling and has caught on with a mental health clinic in the Twin Cities.
In contrast, I was a rookie at St. Olaf this year. A freshman.

I spent a lot of Thursdays from 2-8pm, sitting in "The Cage" in Buntrock Commons, studying Mark's Gospel and the book of Acts with students.

They came in 1s and 2s and 3s.

They learned how to study the Bible inductively. And maybe a bit about evangelism and leadership.

Just the basics.

Some new leaders emerged for next year. Okay, that is great, but I'm having a hard time getting over this senior class. 

They welcomed me with warm hearts, arms wide open. 

* * *

Thanks so much for your prayers and support of our work at St. Olaf. My wife Sharon and I really appreciate it.

If you'd like to watch Stacey's excellent chapel talk about "success," click here (ff to the 6 minute mark where she begins. 13 minutes in length. You will be blessed).

If you'd like to support the scholarship fund for students to attend InterVarsity camps/conf, click here.

If you'd like to support the InterVarsity staff (me, in this case!), click here.




Love from St. Paul,
Rick & Sharon Mattson, with grandson Isaiah