Back to the front lines
For the past seven years in my role of Regional Director I've been talking with college students and faculty through the voices of other staff that I've trained and supervised. Now, I'll be talking directly with students and faculty once again.
My new position in InterVarsity: "Campus Apologist." Hold the jokes, please, about "apologizing" for God. On the contrary, I'll be defending God. Not that he really needs any such defense. He could do it himself. But he often does his talking through the voices of those he trains and supervises--in this case, me, by his grace.
More precisely, I'll be addressing "tough questions" on campuses and in churches, such as:
- existence of God
- problem of suffering and evil
- historical reliability of the Bible
- homosexuality
- religious pluralism
- relativism
I hope to emulate the ministries of Josh McDowell, Ravi Zacharias and Lee Strobel.
When I tell people who know me about my new adventure, most say something like, "Rick, the shoe fits. It's about time you get back to this stuff."
Support raising? Yes, that's a constant. Please contribute now :) The need is definitely there. contribute here
Scope? I can go anywhere in the nation. Gun for hire! So to speak.
Churches? Yeah, I do seminars such as:
More later. Thanks for your friendship and support!
Rick & Sharon Mattson
InterVarsity Christian Fellowship
892 Howell St N
St. Paul, MN 55104
rick.mattson@studentjourney.org
651.295.5814
- preparing your kids for college
- retooling to reach postmodern people
- apologetics for lay people
More later. Thanks for your friendship and support!
Rick & Sharon Mattson
InterVarsity Christian Fellowship
892 Howell St N
St. Paul, MN 55104
rick.mattson@studentjourney.org
651.295.5814