Seems like I'm getting around a lot these days. Last week I was in California for SSU's "Invitational" (mission week).
Favorite session: The Free Thinkers (atheists) pounded on me pretty good for two hours one afternoon. They were both challenging and respectful.
Opening question was: "Why does God never heal an amputee?" And it just went uphill from there.
We spent a lot of time talking with passers-by on the SSU "quad" about their views on God.
Well, our views on God too :)
Above: me spinning out a few reasons for trusting the four gospel accounts of Jesus.
After my talk Wed nite on "Is there only one path to God?", Kendall bee-lined to the front and mapped out his spiritual quest for me.
Friends, the question behind every question I fielded all week is the same: Why?
Why did God. . .
Why is the Bible. . .
Why can't I. . .
Why believe in. . .
YOU are sending me out there to help students both Christian and nonChristian consider "why?"
In the next few weeks I am headed to MI, PA, Salt Lake and MS. I feel like I'm working in my "sweetspot," (thank you).
Here's what one student said recently: I was looking through your packet and got super thrilled by the topics you address. They seem so relevant and on-spot for especially college students, like me.
My weekly blog (of theology and ministry) is here: www.rickmattson.blogspot.com
You can give to my support here (the need is there in this recession--thanks): intervarsity.org/donate


