You'll notice in the picture above that the Carleton students do not subscribe to traditional roles. Guys are cookin', women are being waited on. Then of course there's me, a little confused.
30 Christian students and their fine advisors, Gary and Deb Hvass, invited me to speak at their winter retreat near Northfield. Holy cow them students are smart . . .
It tends to shut down evangelism.
My job was to help the Carleton students figure out how to be a Christian witness at their school as one tribe among many.
Every moment that Gary and Deb Hvass, and me in this case, are able to spend with the Carleton students is a major investment in eternity. These students are going places. One student told me he settled for Carleton because he didn't get accepted at Berkley.
Last week I spoke at Macalester on the problem of pain and suffering in light of the Haiti disaster. March 18 I'll be at Hamline University for "Grill a Christian" (How do you want your Mattson cooked--well done? Bring it on.)
Then I'm off to UW Madison to give a talk on the book of Malachi. Then to CA, MI, SD.
You can follow my weekly blog here:
http://rickmattson.blogspot.com/
(It's not a diary, but rather my thoughts on ministry and theology.)
You can give to my support here: www.intervarsity.org/donate
Friends, students NEED help working through the tough questions they face in college and grad school. THANK YOU for sending me to them. I'm absolutely loving it.
Rick

