Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas 2009, Mattsons












 Hey folks, As I launch into my new position with InterVarsity of “Campus Apologist,” I’m thankful to be surrounded by a wonderful family!

Mr. Ryan
  • At 21, enjoying North Central University in Minneapolis!
  • Majoring in music and has become quite the worship leader
  • Sometimes lets his parents play in his band

Sharon
  • Volunteers at TreeHouse and Urban Homeworks
  • Volunteers at church in music and a few other things
  • Volunteers for adorable husband in InterVarsity. Yeah!
  • Seamstress for interior home designers
Little Miss Kelli
  • Full-time at TreeHouse ministries, where she mentors troubled teenagers
  • She and Greg offer hospitality par excellence at their north Minneapolis home-in-the-hood
Greg Hildebrandt
  • Fine son-in-law. We’ll keep him!
  • Assistant manager of a branch bank
  • Volunteers at TreeHouse. Kids dig him
Me
  • After 7 years as Regional Director, I wanted to get back to direct interaction with students
  • "Campus Apologist” means I help students and churches think through the toughest faith questions
  • One example: If God is so good, why did a tsunami kill over 200,000 people?
  • Golf! At Mississippi Dunes with the “Orphans” group. These guys are nuts. But then, so am I ☺.
Some have asked about my fundraising. The recession has hit us pretty hard. You can help us out here    intervarsity.org/donate

Merry Christmas everyone. We appreciate you, our friends and supporters!

Rick & Sharon Mattson
rick.mattson@studentjourney.org