On your mark. . . get set. . . go back to school!!
You are sending me to a ton of campuses this coming school year (see list below).
Here's a quick summary of how I'll respond to faith questions from students and faculty:
What makes your religion true and the others false? The religions contradict each other. They can't all be true. Nor can we just water them down to make them harmonize with each other. . . Here's the case for Christian faith. . .
Why does God allow pain? Evil? I'm sorry for your pain. If the issue is philosophical: When we chose sin over God the world fell into chaos. Bad stuff happens. . .
Why is there so much hypocrisy in the church? Yes, it's there. Yet, if someone hits a car with a hammer, we don't blame the hammer. So when someone misuses the Bible to oppress others, don't blame the Bible. . .
GLBT? Call me.
Regarding a gaggle of other issues: reasons to trust the gospels, colonialism, racism, oppression of women, science and faith, existence of God, OT genocide, predestination and free will, etc. It's a long list. By God's grace I'll have something to offer.
I'd ask for your prayers as I go on the road this fall--that I'd be going in the power of the Holy Spirit.
Thanks for your prayers and giving!
Where I'm headed. Minnesota: Macalester, Univ of MN, Bemidji State. Wisconsin: UW River Falls, UW Platteville, Carroll College. Michigan: MI State, Univ of MI, MI Tech, Central MI, Grand Valley State, Western MI, Hope College, Ferris State(?). Illinois: Univ of Chicago, Chicago city art schools. Ohio: Oberlin, Central, Wooster, Case Western. Also, Cedar Valley Church in Bloomington, MN: 11 weeks on preparing kids for college.
My ministry website is where students/faculty can learn what I have to offer on campus: www.rickmattsonoutreach.com
If you'd like to give a gift: intervarsity.org/donate