At Arizona State we set up camp on the mall and asked students to tell us why they hate religion -- and to write it out on our chalk board.
D was active in youth ministry in high school. Didn't buy it. Now she's into "positive energy." Boyfriend was dismissive and cynical, so I skipped over him and shared the gospel with her. She has purple hair.
At Winterfest weekend in Chicago, we trashed the meeting space Saturday morning before students entered the room to depict the Fall/Genesis 3/broken world. Students were taken aback. Seven came to faith later that day.
At Northwestern University (IL) I worked with six different InterVarsity chapters on campus. Above, speaking to the Asian American chapter on the story of the blind beggar (Luke 18).
At the University of Texas Pan American, "Stump the Chump" moderators selected questions from an audience of 80 students and read them to the Chump, pictured right. One question was, "Why should I believe in Someone I can't see?"
*************
You go with me on these trips. Through your prayers, giving and friendship, you talk to college students around the country about Jesus. You're right there with me . . . thanks so much.
If you'd like to read my one-minute blog this week on the Hiddenness of God, go here: http://rickmattson.blogspot.com/
To give a gift to my work, click here
************
If you'd like to hear about Macalester Christian Fellowship, keep reading below. (When I'm not traveling, I work for InterVarsity at Macalester.)
Winter Retreat at Tom and Kathe Conlin's cabin in WI was unforgettable. Busy Mac students slowed down. Pondered. Prayed. Studied the Bible.
![]() |
| Photo from Mac Weekly http://goo.gl/qosK5 |
Jack '16 regularly wears this t-shirt to class at Mac. He's our new Outreach Coordinator.
Charmaine '15 is our outreach Bible Study Trainer and Coordinator. This spring she helped MCF students start six studies for friends who are not Christians.
Courtney '13, pictured center, is our departing MCF Chapter President. She's headed to law school at UW Madison, though unfortunately tore her ACL last week in varsity softball.
An outstanding leader, Courtney helped lead MCF to its strongest year of ministry in recent memory.
Left to right: Justin is our new Small Group Coordinator; Lisa has played leading roles in the theater dept; Courtney; Hannah is our new Chapter President; Charmaine.
Rabbi Barry Cytron and I doing a Fireside Chat in the chapel on Jewish and Christian interpretations of the Bible. Main topic was the "binding of Isaac" from Genesis 22, attended by 35 Christian and Jewish students. Not sure I can keep up with this fine Macalester scholar.
************
I want to close by offering my sincere thanks for your prayers and support for our work at Macalester. A special shout out to Mac alumni!








